GOREY CRICKET CLUB SAFEGUARDING POLICY STATEMENT
- We at GOREY CRICKET CLUB are committed to good practice which protects children from harm. Staff and volunteers accept and recognise their responsibility to provide an environment which promotes the safety of the child at all times.
To achieve this we will:
- Develop an awareness of the issues which may lead to children being harmed.
- Create an open environment by identifying Naomi Walsh and Hayley Squire as the officers to whom the children can turn to if they need to talk.
- Adopt child-centred coaching styles.
- Adopt guidelines through Codes of Conduct for members and all adults working at the club.
- Ensure careful recruitment, selection and management procedures. These procedures will include regular support and supervision is provided to staff/volunteers.
- Ensure complaints, grievance and disciplinary procedures are included in the constitution.
- Share information about concerns with children and parents and others who need to know.
- Provide information as required to the management/executive committee.
- Ensure good and safe working/playing practices.
- Be involved in training made available through the various agencies and strengthen links with these agencies.
- Keep Safeguarding policies under regular review (every three years minimum).
- Have procedures relating specifically to bullying, transport and use of photography.
- Make our Code of Conduct document available for parents and children clearly outlining their rights and responsibilities.
Chairperson: Al Fitzgerald
Date: 8 March 2018