Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information:
This privacy notice tells you how we, Gorey Cricket Club, will collect and use your personal data for responding to any queries that you post on our website.
When you send us a query, we need to know your name, address, phone number and email address. This allows us to process and answer your query.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files stored on your device by a web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer) that hold information about your previous visits to our site.
By using our site you consent to cookies being used in accordance with our policy. For more information on cookies, visit www.dataprotection.ie.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, it does not recognise or share your true identity other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can manage cookies by choosing to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website. Also without access to the information on these cookies it is difficult for us to analyse the performance of our site. This is essential for us to continually improve our service.
Why does Gorey Cricket Club need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to respond to a query that you have put up on the website, we need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes, Gorey Cricket Club would contact you for additional consent.
Will Gorey Cricket Club share my personal data with anyone else?
We use the information we collect on the site to enhance your visit to our website. We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others. We may choose to do so in the future with trustworthy third parties, but you can tell us not to by contacting us on our webpage Gorey CricketClub.ie. We may pass your personal data onto those third-party service providers contracted to Gorey Cricket Club in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Gorey Cricket Club’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will Gorey Cricket Club use the personal data it collects about me?
Gorey Cricket Club will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavor to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Gorey Cricket Club is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on Gorey Cricket Club’s business needs.
Under what circumstances will Gorey Cricket Club contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimize the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
Gorey Cricket Club at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Gorey Cricket Club does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
• Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
• Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
• The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
• If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Gorey Cricket Club or a third party, information about those interests.
• The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
• Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
• If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
• How long the data will be stored.
• Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
• Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
• How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
• Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
• The source of personal data if it was not collected directly from you.
• Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
Gorey Cricket Club accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
Passport, driving licence or birth certificate